Welcome to Stay at Home Activity Mom!

Wednesday, April 1, 2020
Hi and thanks for reading!

I'm Brittany, an elementary school teacher turned stay at home mom to a 5 year old boy and 2.5 year old girl.  Ever since I left my teaching job when my son was born prematurely 5 years ago, I've had an itch to somehow still inspire and help children.

When quarantining began last month, I kept thinking of how I could help. Using my degree in child development and my experience as an elementary school teacher, I thought maybe I could help another mom/dad/caregiver who might need some inspiration at this time!

When my premature son came home from the NICU on oxygen 5 years ago, I was basically quarantined in my house with him for about a year and again the next RSV season. I spent a lot of time finding and creating age-appropriate activities for him at home. That's really where my love of creating at home activities first began. This continued well beyond our time stuck at home and I find myself creating play-based learning activities all the time! I guess that's the teacher in me :)

I hope you enjoy these fun activities as much as we do!

Thanks so much for being part of this new community! It really means the world to me!


xo Brittany



No comments