Easter Oat Sensory Bin

Thursday, April 2, 2020
I love how this Easter sensory oat bin turned out and it was so easy to make! I debated making Easter colored rainbow rice, but the last time I made rainbow rice I left the top off the bin and my cat used it as a litter box and I still haven’t gotten over it. So I stuck with oats and I’m happy I did! 

All you need is a few colors of food dye, water, plastic bags and oats. In each plastic bag put 1 cup oats, 1 tablespoon or so of water, and some food dye (I just did a few good squirts). Close the bags and shake them around until the oats change colors. Open the bags and leave them out to dry for a few hours. Once dry, place in a bowl or bin and throw some plastic Easter eggs in there.

 WHY? 

I know sensory bins can be messy and require preparation. BUT, they are calming and can help alleviate stress. To me that makes it worth it! 

No comments