Toothpick Colors

Thursday, April 30, 2020


This was such a simple fine motor sorting activity for my toddler. 

Get a few different colors of play dough, some toothpicks, and beads and you're ready go! 

Place a toothpick (or 2) on each color, and give your child a bowl of beads with colors that match the play dough. Have them put the colored beads on the correct toothpick! 

For my son (5), I also gave him some balls of play dough with toothpicks in them. I encouraged him to create his own patterns and he loved it! After he did AB patterns on his own, I encouraged him to try harder ones (ABC, ABB, etc.) 

This activity kept both my kids engaged and entertained for about 20 minutes. 

Why?

fine motor practice
sorting




Stay at Home Activity Mom is a participant in the Amazon Series LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
 I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. 


No comments