Salt Painting

Thursday, April 2, 2020
Have you ever tried salt painting?! We finally tried it today and it was a hit! We painted Easter eggs and sayings, our names and flowers! I had so much fun I kept doing it when my husband took the kids out in our backyard😉 You probably already have everything you need! 

Cut up some pieces of cardboard. Draw or write something with glue on the cardboard (I used Elmer’s). Over a baking tray or large bowl, pour salt all over the glue making sure everything is covered. We only had pink himalayan sea salt and it worked just fine. Regular white salt will probably work better though! Shake off the excess salt into the tray or bowl. Wait a couple of minutes then paint (with a generous amount of water on your brush). 

Check out my instgram for story highlights (linked below) for a more visual step by step!


No comments