Toothpick Drop

Tuesday, June 23, 2020



🕳Toothpick Drop🕳⠀
Sometimes I feel like the less time I spend on prepping an activity, the more my kids enjoy it?!🤷🏼‍♀️⠀
I have always said simple is best, and I guess this activity is proof. ⠀
❤️I know Brooklyn loves toothpicks. On more than one occasion I’ve caught her hiding in the pantry with an entire container of toothpicks spread all over the floor🤣. Those have since been added to our craft supplies (because who knows what she was actually doing with them🙈), and I brought them out today to entertain her and give her something to work on while I helped Austin with something. I happened to have an empty bottle of sparkling water that was just finished, so I poked a small hole in the cap (using a steak knife and twisting it around🤪) and handed the supplies to Brooklyn. ⠀
✨She was so focused dropping the toothpicks into the bottle using the hole in the cap. She did the entire container of toothpicks multiple times! Austin said Brooklyn’s activity was more fun than his (he was working on letter sounds), so he ended up joining in too and they both had a blast! ⠀
❤️So I’ll say it again. Simple is often best! You probably have these supplies at home so take 30 seconds to prep this and see if your little one loves it as much as mine did! ⠀

No comments