Our Favorite Bath Toys

Monday, June 1, 2020
Our 6 Favorite Bath Toys!

When Austin was really young, I was guilty of buying almost every bath toy imaginable that was appropriate for his age. Because he was on oxygen for almost a year, we were confined in our house most of the time. He loved the bath, so I spoiled him with a bunch of bath toys. The majority ended up being junky and didn't last long.  However, as time has gone on, I've realized the importance of quality over quantity with all our toys (bath stuff included), and I'm proud to say that now our bath toy bin is pretty manageable! 
I've become way more cognizant of learning toys vs. "one and done" toys. I'm also personally not a fan of the bath toys with little squirting holes in them. To me, that's just a moldy situation waiting to happen and I know myself and know I am not anal enough to completely clear out every drop of water from the inside of those toys before the next bath time. I have read that some people use a hot glue gun to close up those little holes to prevent mold.  I may or may not try that at some point, but I'm happy with our current bath time situation. When things feel mundane, I always switch up bath-time by adding other things around the house that are water safe and just as fun! I'll include a list of household items for the bath at the end of this post!


Here are our top 6 favorite bath toys: 

Stay at Home Activity Mom is a participant in the Amazon Series LLC Associates Program, 
an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees 
by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. 

1. Boon Building Bath Pipes


We've had these for years and they continue to be a favorite. You can suction them on the wall and pour water through one of the pipes or a combination of them. The kids love watching the water come out of the different spouts, and love positioning them in different ways to create mazes. Some reviews say they are hard to clean, but we have not found that to be the case. We rinse them with soapy water and lay out to dry and have had zero issues. They are recommended for ages 1+. Austin (5) has had these for years and still loves playing with them! We occasionally use these in our outdoor water table as well!

2. BathBlocks: Ball Run and Waterfall


This is a somewhat newer purchase and I couldn't be happier with it. Fun STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) time in the bath?! Yes! These foam pieces work like blocks and stick like magnets when wet. There's endless possibilities for what you can create. I love this open ended play toy for bath time. You can create towers, bridges, tunnels, waterfalls, etc. It's designed for ages 3+ because a few pieces are smaller and a choking hazard, however Brooklyn (2.5) is totally fine with it. I keep a close eye on her, and she loves this toy too! 

3. Bath Cups 




I can't find the exact same bath cups we have, but these are very similar. These cups are used every single time my kids are in the bath. Whether it's to pour water down the bath pipes, to help with a  BathBlocks waterfall, to stack or float them in the water, these are so basic and simple and loved. Recommended for ages 6 months+.

4. Foam Bath Letters and Numbers 


You've probably seen these foam bath letters and numbers before, but let me just tell you how much they can truly be played with! Letter and number recognition, sorting (by color, vowel/not vowel, straight lines/curly lines/combination of straight and curly lines, etc), simple words, math problems, letter and number sequencing,  the opportunities are truly endless with these. I highly suggest having a set for learning activities in the bath. I occasionally use these for activities outside of the bath too!
 
5. Character Diving Toys
Toy Story Diving Toys


Frozen Diving Toys 


So these are technically not a bath toy but they are in our house! I love them because they don't have the little holes for water that can get moldy that I'm terrified about haha. They do sink, so they are better for kids 2+, but my kids play with these almost every time they are in the bath too! My son Austin is obsessed with Toy Story and has been for years, so it's fitting that we have a Toy Story set. My kids also like Frozen so we have a Frozen set as well. I have no problem with character figurine type toys if they are truly played with, and these ones are. A lot of imaginative play is done in the bath with these. 

6. Magic Bath Books 

We've had our fair share of bath books, but these are hands down our absolute favorite! When the book is dry, the animals on each page are all white. When you're reading in the bath, you dip the page in the water and the animals magically turn color. It really doesn't get old (even to me)! My kids think it's magic and look forward to reading these in the bath! There's a whole series of these books and we have a handful of them. 
Stay at Home Activity Mom is a participant in the Amazon Series LLC Associates Program, 
an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees 
by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. 


We also love adding household items
 that you might have into the bath! 

Here are some ideas:

1. one drop of food coloring to make the bath water a different color
2. plastic figurines (bear counters, characters, etc.)
3. legos
4. pom poms
4. kitchen utensils (spoons, scoopers, cups, strainers, etc.)
5. plastic balls (ping pong, plastic play balls, etc.)
6. silicone baking cups (to use as boats)
7. glow sticks 
8. bubbles 
9. shaving cream paint (mix 1 drop of food coloring with shaving cream) 


Thanks for checking out our bath time favorites! 

What are your favorite bath toys at your house?

1 comment

  1. Just popped in today to read your blog and thought I'd let you know! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete