Poke the Dirt

Wednesday, June 3, 2020


☀️poke the dirt☀️⠀
This activity can definitely be filed under my “lazy mom activities” list. Don’t get me wrong- I love these lazy mom activities. They are perfect because they don’t take time to prep, and they are a great way to easily keep your toddler entertained for a bit. ⠀
Austin (5) has been wanting to spend so much time in our front yard riding his bike. This is awesome except Brooklyn (2.5) has zero interest in her bike at this point and tends to get into “trouble” (usually trying to put our dog’s ball in the outdoor trash can over and over and over🤣) in our front yard. I’ve been trying to think of easy learning activities for her to do when she needs more structure. ⠀
💜I gave Brooklyn some toothpicks and an area of dirt I was okay with her poking! She had a great time poking the dirt with the toothpicks. You can also create shapes, numbers, or letters with the toothpicks in the dirt too! I made a triangle and then asked her what the shape was. So simple and fun! ⠀
🖤This activity encourages concentration and fine motor practice.

No comments