Name Cut

Tuesday, June 23, 2020


✂️name cut✂️⠀
When I thought of this idea it made me really sad that I seriously couldn’t find one magazine in our house 😢. I kind of miss the days of reading an actual magazine instead of everything online. Does anyone else agree? ⠀
So I called up my mom (thanks mom😘) in San Diego and asked her to mail me some magazines 🙈. Hopefully your search for a magazine is quicker than mine or you just decide to use newspaper or things that come in the mail! ⠀
💜 Write your child’s name on the top of white paper. Hand your child a magazine, scissors and a glue stick and have them search in the magazine for letters in their name, cut them out, and glue them underneath the matching written letter on the paper. ⠀
🖤This simple activity gives your child so many opportunities to get familiar with the letters and the order of letters in their name. It also is great fine motor practice cutting✂️ a variety of different sized letters! Most importantly, it’s fun and personal! Austin wanted to “keep it on the wall forever”, which ended up being about a week🤣.⠀


No comments