Peanut Butter Patterns

Monday, May 11, 2020
I love activities that I can easily adapt to fit both of my kids developmental needs. Austin and Brooklyn were equally engaged and excited, and even though they were doing the same activity, they were working on two different things! ⠀

💜 I spread a thin layer of peanut butter on graham crackers for both kids. I also set out a plate of Cheerios, cut up strawberries, raisins, and mini marshmallows. ⠀

Austin (5) worked on peanut butter patterns. I started two patterns (abc and aab) using the food items on one graham cracker and he finished them. He used the second graham cracker to “help Brooklyn” by making columns of each food item. You could also have your child create their own patterns! ⠀

Brooklyn (2.5) worked on her sorting and fine motor skills. I started a column for each item on her graham cracker and let her finish them. ⠀

After decorating the graham crackers, we enjoyed them for a snack. I got some bonus points because we normally don’t have marshmallows at snack time so both kids thought it was super special. Also, who knew that Cheerios on peanut butter on graham crackers is so good? Like really good!😉⠀






Stay at Home Activity Mom is a participant in the Amazon Series LLC Associates Program, 
an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees 
by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. 


Make sure to follow me on instagram for more activity ideas!

No comments