count and clip

Monday, May 25, 2020





🖐🏼count & clip🖐🏼⠀

I call this my lazy mom activity. I save this for times that the kids need an activity because they are about to lose it, but I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to spend time putting together anything! It’s saved in a bag just ready to save the day🎉 And lately, there’s been a decent amount of these days🤪 Can anyone else relate?
On clothespins, I have one number written on each one with a sharpie. In this particular bag, I had numbers 1-10. I also have bags of clothespins for numbers 10-20, shapes, and uppercase and lower case letters. Choose whichever one makes most sense for you (or just make all of them like me🤣). ⠀
On pieces of paper, draw out matches for each clothespin. I had numbers 1-1

0 drawn with dots in ten frames. You could also do addition or subtraction problems equaling the numbers, objects to represent the numbers, tally marks, etc. There’s so many different options to choose from! ⠀
Once you have a paper for each clothespin, fold each paper up multiple times (so the activity takes more time to do haha). Give the papers to your child to unwrap, count, and clip to the matching clothespin. You could also hide these papers around the house to extend the activity, or put them in a sensory bin to find before clipping! So many variations of this easy activity! ⠀
When you’re done, throw everything in a bag and it’s ready for the next time you need something to save the day! 🙌🏻

Make sure you're following me on instagram to see my latest activities for toddlers and kids!

No comments