chalk obstacle game

Thursday, May 21, 2020



Happy Thursday! I've been saving this activity to share for #happythursdayletsplay and it's one of the activities my kids and I are going to create and do again this morning. 

You've probably seen at least one chalk obstacle course in the last couple of months. We see tons of them when we are out on walks, and we've done our fair share on our driveway. 

But after seeing @dayswithgrey's outdoor DIY chalk game, I got the idea to combine the two things together to create an outdoor chalk game with an obstacle course twist! My kids absolutely love board games and love being outside so I knew this would be a hit!


Stay at Home Activity Mom is a participant in the Amazon Series LLC Associates Program, 
an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees 
by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. 




Here's what to do:
To make a big die, I used a box, white paper and a sharpie, and packaging tape. After drawing the sides of the die on the paper, I taped them down on each side of the box with the tape. Draw a board game with chalk on your driveway. In some of the boxes I put simple directions like -4 or +3. In other boxes I put some obstacle course directions (hop on 1 foot 10 times, spin around 3 times, 5 jumping jacks, etc.)

My whole family (husband included) had such a great time playing this game for multiple days in a row until the rain washed it away. It's for sure something we will do again and perfect for the spring and summer. 

Family games are a free and easy way to connect and bond with each other, they are great practice for taking turns, learning how to be a good sport, and following directions. There was also some math and gross motor skills involved in this game too! This game can easily be adapted to whatever is age appropriate for your kids. 

Who is going to make a chalk obstacle game?

Click here to see more pictures of the game and follow me on instagram to see my latest activities! 


No comments